Compensation for whiplash injury
Compensation for whiplash injury where the duration of pain and discomfort of for a period of 36 months or over concerns injuries that are more serious than the average claim.
The starting point so consider “how much for a whiplash injury claim” for most whiplash injury solicitors will be the Judicial College Guidelines to the Assessment of General Damages and to specific cases decided by the Courts which are similar to the case to be determine the payout to the whiplash claimant.
What are the whiplash symptoms?
The extent of the whiplash injury compensation is determined upon a number of factors such as:
- The length of the pain and suffering;
- The severity of the whiplash injury pain;
- Whether any other part of the body is also affected, shoulder, back, leg, arm etc
- The intensity of the pain;
- Any psychological symptoms such as, flash backs, loss of sleep, depression;
- The impact on the whiplash injury victims to function on a day to day basis;
- The effect of the whiplash injury on every day social activities and work;
- The extent of any medical treatment
- Rehabilitation intervention
- The need for medication, drugs to control the whiplash pain injury
From the case law and guidelines the whiplash injury solicitors will assess the amount of compensation that is likely to be awarded if the case was to be determined by a Judge in Court.
How much for whiplash injury compensation – 36 Months – 2014 – 2015
Upon considering the authorities, it appears that the compensation for whiplash injuries taking the above into account and including the 10% increase in compensation since April 2013, is likely to be in the region of:
£4,000 to £6,000
Why the difference in value?
As stated above the amount of compensation is variable depending on a number of various factors. Whiplash injuries and compensation affect people differently. Some claimants are more resilient and will “just get on with their lives” whereas others it will affect them more severely, they may be unable to cope with the pain and disrupt their everyday lives.
Common Factors to Determine Whiplash injury compensation of 36+ Months
Whiplash injury compensation solicitor assessing quantum for this duration will often find the following complaints:
Acceleration of whiplash injuries
Acceleration or exacerbation of a pre-existing neck pain prior to the accident
Moderate soft tissue whiplash injury
Where recovery from whiplash injury has been fairly protracted and there is an increased vulnerability to further trauma.
If you believe you have a road traffic accident compensation claim call R. James Hutcheon Solicitors0800 011 2750800 011 275 or contact our team and we will be in touch within the hour or whatever time is preferable.