BWW Diesel Engine Claims
The Diesel Engine scandal has set the net wider to other manufacturers. According to an article in the Daily Mail, BMW Diesel Compensation Claim may also be considered against the luxury car giant. Please note that there are no admissions from BMW about using any software that would under-state the test results about diesel pollution emissions nor is there any evidence against BMW or the other manufactures that they have done anything wrong. However the test which the National Paper alludes to was from a Government-Funded test that showed diesel engines where emitting toxic fumes at up to 7 times the legal limit.
BMW Class Action Register
As we have said at the time of writing there are no claims to be made as further evidence and enquiries will be required. BMW Class Action Register Form.
However, if you are concerned that you may, in the future, have purchased a vehicle which may not comply with the European Tests, you can register your interest in a possible class action with us. All we need is your contact details and we will contact you at a future date if there is to be any compensation against BWW for Diesel emission claims. If no claim is to be made then we shall contact you accordingly.
What can be claimed against BMW if they have breached the EU Law?
If you have purchased, hired, leased an BMW motor vehicle wyou may be able to claim, only if, in due course it is proved that BMW have not complied with the relevant laws. If a future claim against BMW can be made the following heads of loss and expenses may be claimed:
What can be claimed against BMW:-
- Compensation for any depreciation of the vehicle as a result of the cheat software being fitted.
- Increased fuel costs
- Increased car tax
- Out of pocket expenses and losses as a result of the issue
- Refund of any company car tax allowance that may be affected by the emission testing
The law that solicitors will use to help make a claim against BMW are:
- Sale and Supply of Goods to Consumer Regulations
- Misrepresentation Act 1967
- Sale of Goods Act
- Supply of Goods and Services Act
- Consumer Rights Act (this is a new piece of law that comes goes live in October 2015)