What I Need to Make a Delayed Flight Compensation Claim
The right to claim are set out below:
- Was the flight delayed by more than 3 hours?
- Was the delayed flight the airline’s fault?
- Was your delayed flight booked within the last 6 years?
- Does your delayed flight from an EU Airport or EU Airline?
- Did you check-in on time for your flight?
If you answer in the affirmative to each question, it is highly likely you have a delayed flight compensation claim.
The 3 Hour flight delay Rule
A flight delay of 3 hours or more is required before a delayed flight claim can be made. This is the minimum requirement but there is a payout to passengers for refreshments etc if the delayed flight was more than 2 hours.
How much compensation for a delayed flight?
This is dependent upon the amount of the delay and the length of the delay. The longer the delay and distance the greater the compensation payment. Examples are as follows:
- Delayed Flight compensation 3+ hours:from London to France – distance less than 1500 Km £200 approx per person
- Delayed Flight compensation 3+ hours from Manchester to Spain – distance more than 1500 km – £310 approx per person
- Delayed Flight compensation 3-4 hours:from London to America – distance more than 1500 km – £240 approx per person
- Delayed Flight compensation 4+ hours:from London to Australia – distance more than 1500 km – £480 approx per person
What is a EU Country for Delayed Flight Compensation?
To see if your flight falls within the delayed flight compensation rules please click on this link EU flight delayed Countries.
Which UK Airport did you fly from?
The most common airports are listed here:
If the airport is not listed, you can still claim. Please tell us which the airport.
List of Airlines
The list below is not exhaustive. Where your flight delay was from a non EU Airline such as Qatar Airways in order for you to claim, your flight must have departed from a UK airport. If your flight delay was from a non EU Airline and it departed outside of a non EU Country to the UK you will not be entitled to compensation for flight delay.
- Air Canada
- Air France
- British Airways
- Etihad Airways
- Qatar Airways
- US Airways
- Thomas Cook
Contact the flight delay Compensation Solicitors
We will help you every step of the way. Please contact us to make a claim now. We work on a No Win, No Fee, basis so you have nothing to worry about.