Manchester City Football Club
Manchester City Football Club have had ex-players of the Club revealing that they have been abused. Ex-Manchester City footballers have publically revealed they have been abused.
- Paul Stewart, an ex Manchester United player recently had his story published. He alleged that he was targeted by his coach between the ages of 11-15. He brought out his story in the hope that more victims will come forward.
- Paul claims he was assaulted every day for four years and that his tormentor got away with it because he threatened to kill his relatives if he ever told anyone.
- The Daily Mail posted that Manchester City Football Club have launched an investigation into links between Barry Bannell and the club. Mr Bannell coached junior teams connected to Manchester City FC.
- On Thursday 1st December 2016, a City spokesperson said: ‘The club is aware of allegations that Barry Bennell had an association with Manchester City Football Club in the 1980s. As a result the club is currently undertaking a thorough investigation of any past links he might have had with the organisation’.
- Once the information is stronger and the extent of Bennell’s connection is confirmed, Manchester City have said they will be reaching out to victims with support and counselling if it is required.
- More information is publically available Manchester Evening News – Greater Manchester Police involved into historic football child abuse.
Football Child Sexual Abuse Victims Encouraged to Come Forward
Taking the courage for help and support is the first step. Advice will be at hand by our solicitors who will advise you throughout the process. We appreciate the compensation is only a secondary thought, justice, the truth and to stop other children being abused is the dominant factor behind football child abuse victims coming forward which is why it is important to contact us.
Your enquiry will be dealt with in the strictest of confidence and your anonymity is assured.
Our FREE PHONE – FOOTBALL CHILD ABUSE HELP LINE IS AVAILABLE ON 0800 011 2757.
We also operate a LIVE CHAT facility on this website which is also confidential if you prefer not to call at this stage.