Airlines Loses Delayed flight claim.
A court has ruled that an Airline cannot delay the payment of flight delay compensation, using an argument that another test case is being brought before an EU Court and therefore any claim now should be put on hold.
Late last year the Supreme Court ruled that Flight Companies cannot use the “technical issues” exception to prevent a claim being made by passengers who have been delayed at an airport . OUr previous blog on this article (see summary below) refers.
Flight delay compensation: floodgates are now open!
In a surprise Supreme Court Judgment on the 31st October 2014, the Court refused leave to appeal against Jet2.com and Thomson Airways. The two cases cited at court were:
Jet2.com Limited v Huzar and
In a recent case following the Supreme Court’s ruling, a County Court Judge ordered the Airline Company to pay out the flight delay compensation despite the “other test case” not being heard to date. The Judge said that
A Judge at the Liverpool County Court has ordered Jet 2 to pay flight delay compensation to claimant passengers who had their flight delayed. The Judge rightly concluded that “justice delayed is justice denied.”
Make a Flight Delay Claim Now
Despite the fact that certain Airlines intend to delay compensation for flight delays, a claim can still be made and payments ordered by the court if need be, to be paid immediately.
How to claim for flight delay compensation
To claim for flight delay compensation with our expert solicitors please click here How to claim for flight delay compensation.
For particular airlines please see the following links:
- Flight Delays Compensation and Air Canada
- Flight Delays Compensation and Air France
- Flight Delays Compensation and British Airways
- Flight Delays Compensation and Emirates
- Flight Delays Compensation and Etihad
- Flight Delays Compensation and Flybe
- Flight Delays Compensation and Lufthansa
- Flight Delays Compensation and Monarch
- Flight Delays Compensation and Qatar Airways
- Flight Delays Compensation and US Airways
- Flight delay compensation EasyJet
- Flight delay compensation Ryanair
- Flight delay compensation Thomas Cook
- Flight delay compensation Virgin
- Flight delay compensation Thomson Airlines
- Flight delay compensation Air Lingus