11 Year old child sustains second and third degree burns from hot grease in kitchenfire
Keywords: Child accident claims, child injury experts, child accident compensation, can my child claim?
Subject: 11 Year old child sustains second and third degree burns from hot grease in kitchen fire
An 11 year old boy has been left with second and third degree burns after hot grease had caught fire in his kitchen fire.
The child accident happened at around 11.30am on a Sunday when the boy’s older sister, aged 24, was cooking chicken in a pan of grease when it caught fire. She unsuccessfully tried to put out the fire and then attempted taking the pan outside the home. As she carried the pan of hot grease outside she tripped and the contents poured onto the 11 year old’s arm and chest.
The boy was rushed to hospital where he sustained severe burns. His injuries are not life-threatening.
- See our child’s compensation guide here.
- Visit our specialist child accident claims page and website.